TCG, Inc. is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are looking for a motivated Library and Information Science intern to organize our company Google Drive. We need someone who can help us manage all company-owned information resources for maximum applicability across the company, make them easy to use and easy to search, ensure that they are up to date, and recommend processes to keep the structure going after the internship ends. This person should be able to use standard and accepted approaches to categorization so that others can take over in the future.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate student in Library and Information Sciences who is a self starter with an interest in digital content management. Intern may work from home or from company headquarters. This is a paid program.
- Pay: $14/hour
- Hours: Up to 30 per week
- Duration of the internship: June 19 — September 4 (11 weeks)
- Academic Level: Graduate student or senior-level undergraduate
- Major: Library and Information Sciences or similar
- Prepare and implement a plan for categorizing, indexing, and archiving all content and information resources on TCG’s Google Drive
- Index and classify files in a number of ways so they can be controlled and easily retrieved
- Develop a comprehensive and easy-to-understand taxonomy for organizing information resources based on business goals and requirements from stakeholders
- Enter metadata for Google Drive folders and files
- Ensure that all documents are current, and out-of-date documents are appropriately archived or deleted
- Create procedures and protocols, train staff, and establish a sustainable workflow for digital file management and digital archiving
- Prepare finding aids according to relevant standards and established practice
- Implement standard processes and guidelines for maintaining master content
- Provide documentation such as SOPs or manuals
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and within scope
- Communicate to management any needed changes to the project scope and project schedule
- Master’s student pursuing a degree in Information Management, Library and Information Science, or a related field
- Knowledge of standard practices, policies, procedures, and tools of information management
- Proficiency in content management and strategic data organization
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills, including attention to detail and multitasking skills
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
In 2016 Fortune magazine named TCG the #4 medium-sized Great Place to Work in the United States and The Washington Post named TCG as a Top Workplace for the second straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.