TCG is an award-winning, CMMI-appraised, e-Government and e-Business solutions provider. We are seeking a full-time RUBY ON RAILS DEVELOPER, currently residing in the Washington DC area, on one of our high-profile projects with a major Federal government agency. US citizenship is required.
The Ruby on Rails Developer should be able to design, develop and/or re-engineer highly complex application components, and integrate software packages, programs and reusable objects residing on multiple platforms.
- US citizenship and the ability to pass an 85-P Trusted Person background check
- Hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails (2-3 years preferred)
- OR successful hands-on development experience using a MVC framework such as .Net, Spring, etc. and a desire to learn Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing SQL queries
- Working knowledge of Linux
- An ability to deliver working code in an agile development environment
- Experience working closely with clients in a business domain
- Broad experience developing in a variety of languages
- Experience using web services and/or web-oriented architecture
- Demonstrated ability to learn and integrate new APIs
- Experience with complex SQL queries, and ability to optimize SQL for performance
- Experience using and administering NoSQL Databases
- Experience with Cucumber and other Behavior Driven Development (BDD) tools
- Demonstrates excellent grammar and spelling in all written communication
- Speaks well and clearly
- Demonstrates an ability to contribute quickly to project requirements
- Demonstrates an ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity and a customer service-orientated personality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related discipline
SALARY: OPEN, plus benefits package
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Try us...we'll make you happy.