TCG is an award-winning, CMMI-appraised, e-Government and e-Business solutions provider. We are seeking a driven and energetic SENIOR DATA SCIENTIST to support our Senior Executive Branch client’s work in conducting detailed analyses of Federal information technology (IT) and management data. The results of these analyses will be used to improve executive-level decision making and reduce inefficiencies within the context of Federal IT.
The Senior Data Scientist would be part of a larger team whose mission is to promote the efficiency and effectiveness of Federal IT by eliminating duplication and creating opportunities for reinvestment in innovative solutions. The Senior Data Scientist will work in a high profile agency in the Executive Branch, at the very center of government management. Any candidate applying for this position must have superior quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, exhibit great attention to detail, and have the ability to comprehend large sums of unfamiliar subject matter within aggressive deadlines. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager and possesses a very strong work ethic. In this position, you will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment, and prove daily your high value to the team.
The Senior Data Scientist will develop reports that summarize quantitative data and program evaluations for an executive audience. To do this, the Senior Data Scientist will:
- Analyze complex program evaluation data
- Create reports that summarize program evaluation data to support IT program reviews, budgetary, and other Federal government decisions
- Deliver written and oral presentations summarizing results of analysis to executive audience
- Identify and characterize new data sources and/or determine new uses for existing data sources
- Develop new methods to improve data discovery, integration, mining, and modeling capabilities
- Apply quantitative data analysis and translation of data/statistics to support business decisions
- Select, sample, summarize, and integrate data from large datasets to generate new data sets of a manageable size for further analysis
- Access and effectively analyze structured and unstructured data in data warehouses and distributed file system environments
- Produce technical documentation to support the analysis undertaken
- Refine existing methods and/or propose new models and analytic techniques to keep pace with the evolution of best practices and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Econometrics, Statistics, Public Policy/Administration or a related discipline
- Master's degree in Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, or a related field is preferred
- US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check
- 3 - 5 years of relevant full time work experience in data-driven research and analysis
- Strong applied research skills
- Strong data analysis skills
- Solid hands-on experience with R, Stata, or other statistical research and analysis software
- Significant prior experience in business case evaluation or quantitative decision making
- Presentation of quantitative data for an executive audience
- Adapt to rapidly changing deadlines and tasks
- Superior documentation and organizational skills
- Solid hands-on experience with R, Stata, or other statistical research and analysis softwares
- Knowledge of federal policy framework for IT program management
- Prior experience using D3.js for data visualization
- Prior experience with writing and executing SQL queries or with Microsoft Access query and report design
- Familiarity with OMB Exhibits 300 and 53
- Experience with establishing and monitoring performance measures
- Ability to transform raw data into meaningful information for business purposes
We pay competitive wages and offer much better benefits than you'll get as a contract employee. We have both a 401k savings plan and a health plan that includes medical, dental, and vision benefits. We must be doing something right because the majority of our employees have been with us for more than 5 years -- and some have been with us since TCG was founded way back in 1994!
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Try us ... we'll make you happy.