TCG is an award-winning, CMMI-appraised, e-Government and e-Business
solutions provider. We are currently seeking a MySQL Data Analyst/DBA for a full
time project with a major Federal agency. US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government background check are required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work as part of integrated project teams on application and site design and implementation
- 3-5 years as development DBA using the MySQL 5.x suite in the LAMP environment
- Strong expertise in data modeling and normalization, database design and development
- Strong experience in Stored Routines (Procedures and Functions) and ETL Script development
- Database and query performance tuning, sizing, and optimization
- Experience working with unstructured data
- Working knowledge of and experience with Linux
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Data Warehousing experience is highly desirable
- 4-10 years of relevant experience desired
- Excellent grammar and spelling in written communication
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Ability to learn and contribute quickly to project requirements.
- Ability to prioritize and organize personal and group efforts in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity and a "helping others helps us all" personality.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/MIS/Engineering or significant experience in a related discipline.
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive salaries and we offer much better benefits than you'll get as a contract employee. We have a savings plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, and much more.
In fact, Inc. Magazine and Winning Workplaces named TCG as one of the nation's top 50 Top Small Company Workplaces for 2011, based on how employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us ... we'll make you happy.