TCG is an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. We are seeking an Analytics Developer, who resides in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, to join our team on a high-profile project at a Federal agency.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required for this position.
The Analytics Developer will work with our government client to develop, deploy and maintain analytical and reporting software solutions. You will do the following:
- develop specific reports, database objects, ETL scripts, and other analytical tools and support the migration of data
- develop, enhance, and support complex SQL queries, and translate end-user requests into technical specifications
- explain intricate technical processes in non-technical terms, and modernize, maintain, and streamline reports
- UNIX system knowledge, including shell scripts, and Telnet
- 2+ years of experience working with relational databases (MySQL, MS SQL Server)
- 2+ years of experience using SQL and Dynamic SQL
- Experience with SQL optimization using indexes and query optimization
- 3+ years of experience utilizing report writing software or Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Tableau and Pentaho
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and pivot tables
- Knowledge of Federal Budget Concepts and terminology
- Previous experience presenting quantitative data for an executive audience
- Excellent listening skills
- Adapt to rapidly changing deadlines and tasks
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity and a “helping others helps us all” personality
- Demonstrates excellent grammar and spelling in written communication
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation
- Experience as a team lead in Agile/Scrum software practices
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Information Technology, or related preferred)
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.