TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking an Application Engineer, who currently lives in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, to join our team in Arlington, VA.
***This position is contingent upon the award of this position to TCG.***
This project supports the goals of the Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative (CNCI), specifically Initiative I: “Management of the Federal Enterprise Network as a single network enterprise with Trusted Internet Connections,” which is commonly referred to as the “Trusted Internet Connections” (TIC) Initiative. It requires an Application Engineer who has experience analyzing functional business applications and designing specifications for functional activities.
A currently active Secret security clearance is required.
Candidates applying for this position must be able to learn technology quickly, technically conversant, exhibit great attention to detail, execute under aggressive deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing circumstances. Our ideal candidate is someone who understands the dynamics of a job well done and possesses a very strong work ethic, while also valuing collaboration and communication.
In this position, you will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment, and prove your high value to the team.
- Translate detailed design into applications systems.
- Test, debug and refine applications to produce various required products
- Prepare required documentation, including program-level and use-level documentation
- Enhance applications to improve performance and add functionality
- Provide technical direction on applications to the project team to ensure meeting program deadlines
- Assist in applying industry best practices to the customer using a knowledge base to create conceptual application/business models and to identify relevant issues and considerations in selecting application based software packages
- Assess the operational and functional baseline of DHS/FNR and its organizational components, and help to define the direction and strategy for engagement while ensuring the organizational application needs are being addressed
- Identify application related information technology inadequacies and/or deficiencies that affect the functional area’s ability to support/meet organizational goals
- Generate functional area strategies for enhanced IT operations in a cross-functional area mode throughout the organization
- Participate in application implementation strategy sessions, strategic assessments
- Design reviews to validate application approach and associated work products, such as ERP implementations coordinating the resolution of highly complex problems and tasks
- Facilitate application implementation experience by collaborating with senior level IT managers (i.e. CISO, CIO level) to define performance challenges and design performance measurement solutions to inform management decision making.
- Conduct requirements-gathering sessions with end-users to ensure application procedures are properly implemented and maintained
- Elicit and document application engineering information implementation and use, as well as other system requirements
- Continuously collaborate with other staff members to define technical requirements
- A minimum of 3 years application engineering
- A currently active Secret security clearance
- Requirements analysis & implementation experience
- Mastery in the use of MS Office products: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Professional, client-ready written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Collaborative, “can-do” attitude
- Current DHS Site-suitability
- Bachelor’s degree
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2018 Fortune magazine named TCG as a “Great Place to Work” for the second year and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fourth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.