TCG, a Public Benefit Corporation and Certified B Corp, is also an award-winning Government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Business Analyst to join our project team at a major Federal agency. Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require periodic on-site work at our client site. As a result, the selected candidate must live within a commutable location of Washington, D.C.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
- Collaborates with the stakeholders, project managers, and technical staff to understand and document the structure, policies, and operation of the business
- Conducts needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefit analysis to assist in aligning business initiatives with technology solutions.
- Works closely with end-users to analyze, define, model, and document project requirements to be communicated to other team members, create user stories with acceptance criteria, design and estimate timelines and costs, and facilitate reports
- Participate in requirements gathering and documentation
- Design and estimate system implementation timelines and costs
- Create technical specifications for the development team based on gathered requirements and user experience/design artifacts.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing activities with agency business users
- Create test plans, test cases, and test scripts based on Acceptance Criteria
- Support users with application training and technical support
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- Participate in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Facilitate Agile Scrum Ceremonies: Product Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, and Sprint Reviews
- A minimum of 1 year of experience working as a Business or Data Analyst
- Experience performing unit, integration, system, and regression software testing in an Agile Scrum environment
- Ability to act as a liaison between testers, developers, clients, and other stakeholders during all phases of development
- Ability to facilitate customer user acceptance testing
- Clear communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Comfort collaborating with developers and other analysts to define system needs
- Demonstrated ability to learn and contribute quickly to project requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Experience collaborating with developers and other analysts to define system needs
- Experience facilitating customer requirements-gathering sessions and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Experience working as a member of an Agile/Scrum software development team
- Experience working with iterative systems development life-cycle and documentation
- Ability to work directly with clients at all levels of an organization, including high-level internal and external stakeholders.
- Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and other MS Office applications
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a customer service-oriented personality
- The initiative, organization skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Understanding of the basic principles of system analysis and quality assurance
- Must be flexible and adaptable
- Experience developing, monitoring, and reporting on the project schedule
- Experience conducting software demonstrations
- Experience documenting requirements in User Story format with clear Acceptance Criteria
- Experience working with databases, SQL, and Web-based applications
- Experience working with Office 365 (O365), Teams, and Power Apps
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience desired. An additional four years of experience is acceptable in lieu of a degree
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for the not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more. (Our Vice President of Employee Happiness loves her job!)
We’re not some pandemic-come-lately — we’ve been treating our employees like humans for a long, long time. In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Business Analyst, Grade 4