You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Business Analyst to join our team in anticipation of an upcoming opportunity.
The Business Analyst collaborates with the client to understand the structure, policies, and operation of the business. Conducts needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefit analysis to assist in aligning business initiatives with technology solutions. Works closely with end users to analyze, define, model, and document project requirements to be communicated to other team members.
For this telecommuting position, TCG is pleased to offer remote employment in the following states, AL, AZ, CO, DC, DE, GA, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NC, OH, OR, PA (excluding the City of Philadelphia), TN, UT, VA, WV, or WI.
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal government security clearance are required for this position.
- Participate in requirements gathering and documentation
- Design and estimate system implementation timelines and costs
- Create technical specifications for the development team based on gathered requirements and user experience/design artifacts.
- Coordinate user acceptance testing activities with agency business users
- Create test plans, test cases, and test scripts based on Acceptance Criteria
- Support users with application training and technical support
- Maintain and share professional knowledge through education, networking, events, and presentations
- Participate in the development of proposals and presentations for new business materials to create and nurture business opportunities and partnerships
- Facilitate Agile Scrum Ceremonies: Product Grooming, Sprint Planning, Daily Standups, and Sprint Reviews
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience including at least 2 years of experience performing unit, integration, system, and regression software testing in an Agile Scrum environment
- Demonstrated experience acting as a liaison between testers, developers, clients, and other stakeholders during all phases of development
- Experience facilitating customer requirements-gathering sessions and user acceptance testing (UAT)
- Attention to detail
- Clear communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Comfort collaborating with developers and other analysts to define system needs
- Demonstrated ability to learn and contribute quickly to project requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Experience collaborating with developers and other analysts to define system needs
- Experience conducting software demonstrations
- Experience developing test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Experience documenting requirements in User Story format with clear Acceptance Criteria
- Experience working as a member of an Agile/Scrum software development team
- Experience working with databases, SQL, and Web-based applications
- Experience working with iterative systems development life-cycle and documentation
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a customer service-oriented personality
- Initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Understanding of the basic principles of system analysis and quality assurance
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience with relevant CMMI Level 2 & 3 processes (Requirements Development and Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, Technical Solution)
- Experience with tracking systems/requirements databases for requirements and user story management
- Requirements traceability matrix (RTM) development and management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; four (4) years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Business Analyst, Grade 6