TCG is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Business Analyst, who currently lives in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area, to join our project team at a major Federal agency.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance is required for this position.
- Collaborating with the project manager and technical staff, including senior architects, to design and estimate system implementation timelines and costs
- Coordinating user acceptance testing activities with agency business users
- Creating technical specifications for the development team based on gathered requirements, and user experience/design artifacts
- Creating test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Developing user stories with acceptance criteria
- Eliciting and documenting business and system requirements
- Ensuring that every phase and feature of the software solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live
- Participating in and facilitating requirements gathering sessions with end users
- Performing functional testing of a budget management system
- Performing functional testing of the system
- Supporting users with application training and technical support
- A minimum of 8 years of experience working as a Business Analyst
- A minimum of 4 years experience in an Agile Scrum environment
- Ability to act as a liaison between testers, developers, client, and other stakeholders during all phases of development
- Ability to facilitate customer requirements-gathering sessions
- Ability to facilitate customer user acceptance testing
- Attention to detail
- Clear communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Comfort collaborating with developers and other analysts to define system needs
- Demonstrated ability to learn and contribute quickly to project requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Experience collaborating with developers and other analysts to define system needs
- Experience conducting software demonstrations
- Experience developing test plans, test cases, and test scripts
- Experience documenting requirements in User Story format with clear Acceptance Criteria
- Experience working as a member of an Agile/Scrum software development team
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity and a customer service-oriented personality
- Initiative and the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Experience with relevant CMMI Level 2 & 3 processes (Requirements Development and Management, Configuration Management, Change Management, Technical Solution)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.