TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Business Analyst / Data Specialist to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for requirements gathering, data analysis, business needs definition for shared services, development, and enablement. While this is primarily a telecommuting role, applicants must live within a commutable distance of Washington, D.C.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
- Design, implement, and maintain the application / service
- Work directly with users to comprehend requirements and translate them into user stories and other artifacts for implementation by the development team
- Support users’ utilization of the service
- Understand user and process requirements and ensure those requirements can be achieved through high quality deliverables
- Work closely with developers and engineers to develop road maps for applications, align development plans, and to ensure effective integration among information systems and the IT infrastructure
- Monitor technological advancements to ensure that solutions are continuously improved, supported, and aligned with industry and company standards as well as emerging business requirements
- Understand the interactions between systems, applications, and services within the environment, and evaluate the impact of changes or additions
- Analyze systems and perform usability testing to ensure performance and reliability, enhance scalability, and meet security requirements
- Conducts complex, important work under minimal supervision and with wide latitude for independent judgment
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills that translate well into requirements baselines that both technical experts and business owners can understand.
- Proven ability to provide detailed, comprehensive, testable and traceable process components in a number of formats including, but not limited to Business Requirements, Functional Requirements, Data Requirements, System Software Specifications, Use Cases, etc.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence
- Experience developing systems for federal shared services
- Knowledge of transportation data and analytics
- Experience with Big Data projects
- Bachelor’s degree
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.