At TCG, we believe the world will be a better place with more of TCG in it. Not everyone has bought into this idea yet, so we’re seeking a Business Development Executive with the intelligence, moxie, and energy to show new friends how Positively Distinct TCG can be for them. We truly believe we are — that’s why we have been recognized as a Public Benefit Corporation and Certified B‑Corp.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the role of government in our country’s success and the potential of technology and consulting in delivering that future. Passionate. That’s the operative word. We want someone who gets excited about new opportunities and developing strategic partnerships, and who wants to help TCG grow.
Reporting to the VP of Business Development, the Business Development Executive will grow multi-account revenue, gross profit, and client satisfaction. You will work closely with TCG executives and management teams, meet with potential business partners and maintain existing client relationships, and monitor market trends to come up with new business ventures. This role is ideal for an established business development executive or entrepreneurial program/project manager or technologist with a history of delighting customers.
In exchange, we offer a competitive base salary plus commission and full benefits in addition to our unique employee perqs.
U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident (Green Card) status and the ability to pass a Federal government security clearance are required for this position.
Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area or within Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania (excluding the City of Philadelphia), Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, or Wisconsin.
- Develop and execute sales and capture plans to optimize revenue and profit growth within targeted accounts
- Obtain direct contact and nurture relationships with decision-makers in Civilian and Defense agencies to drive new contract wins and revenue
- Independently (not by mining FBO, GovWin, or other tools) generate leads to fulfill pipeline objectives
- Manage the opportunity pipeline for accuracy and currency of data
- Lead the full life cycle of business development, capture strategy, and proposal strategy activities associated with targeted opportunities
- Participate in and collaborate with proposal development teams to articulate TCG’s value for each targeted opportunity
- Lead/support the negotiation and coordination of contracting and delivery of client agreements
- Collaborate with clients and operational staff to ensure complete satisfaction, successful execution, and a continuation/recompete of contracts
- Achieve sales quotas established with the VP of Business Development and the President
- Experience in the application of sales methodology, technique, and best practices
- At least 8 years of experience including
- A minimum of 5 years in the government IT industry and
- 2 years of experience leading sales efforts in a government business development or technical capacity
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize, and lead problem-resolution efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Must be knowledgeable about technologies and trends used in government technology
- Experience facilitating and mediating discussions
- Experience with and the ability to instruct and lead others
- Experience in capture management, proposal development, leadership, delivery, and other sales and technical documentation production
- Self-driven and able to work without daily supervision
- Demonstrates creativity and responsibility in all tasks without waiting for direction from others
- Existing, trusted relationships in agencies such as DOT, USDA, DHS, and FCC
- Knowledge in areas that complement TCG’s capabilities and expertise
- Knowledge of PMBoK, Agile CMMI, ISO, and ITIL
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred though not required
- Miller-Heiman or Shipley Associates training preferred
- PMP, CSM, or CSPO certifications
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and annual training budgets, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees, well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post names TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune Magazine named TCG on their best workplace list for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits, TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us…we’ll make you happy.
TCG Job Title/Grade: Business Development Advisor, Grade 7