You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Business Systems Analyst to join our team on a high-profile project supporting a major Federal agency.
As part of the Solutions Review Team, you will spearhead the Analysis of Alternatives (AoA) process by partnering with our federal client to review information and document their requirements. This is a growth opportunity that will allow you further to develop your business analysis skills in facilitating and leading requirements gathering sessions.
Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area or within Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania (excluding the City of Philadelphia), Tennessee, Virginia, or West Virginia.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government security clearance are required for this position.
- Support requirements-gathering sessions with business stakeholders
- Clearly document requirements as user stories with acceptance criteria
- Ensure analysis includes sufficient detail around complex requirements that impact solutioning and cost
- Document acceptance criteria and more detailed requirements when needed and as time permits
- Determine operational objectives, gather information, and evaluate output requirements and formats
- Work closely with end users to analyze, define, model, and document systems requirements
- Design and estimate system implementation roadmaps
- Construct workflow charts and diagrams, study system capabilities, and write specifications
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
- Experience developing user stories with acceptance criteria
- Must be comfortable working with the non-technical business personnel and technical professionals to formulate requirements
- Must be able to read through a business needs document and formulate questions to ensure thorough requirements documentation
- Must have experience helping business/mission users express what they need through guided requirements gathering sessions that include providing tangible examples
- Well-developed and demonstrated ability to multi-task and to work across multiple projects at once
- Attention to detail and clear communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and contribute quickly to project requirements
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a customer service-oriented personality
- Experience leading and facilitating requirements gathering sessions
- Bachelor’s degree required
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Business Analyst, Grade 5