TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) to play a major role in contributing to our company growth and organization development. Although this position is a full-time telecommuting position, applicants must reside within a commutable distance of Washington, D.C.
This is not your typical CFO position. Here at TCG, we need someone to be our Chief Worrier. A financial wiz to make sure that we have the financial wherewithal to perform the contracts the government has entrusted to us, and to win new work. A pessimist who will think about the ways in which we have liability and our insurance needs today and into the future. A persnickety ponderer who will make sure our financial, legal, HR, and compliance processes are being instantiated and followed. A rule-maker and a rule-follower, and a leader who will oversee the efforts of our Contracts and HR directors. And a forward thinker who worries about next year’s budget and the amount of carbon emissions we are generating while we spend that budget. It’s a lot of hats and requires someone who has the imagination to worry about risks and take steps to mitigate them.
In this position, you will ensure that TCG’s capital structure is sufficient and consistent with its mission and strategies. You will provide oversight of accounting, HR, and contract-related matters. You will ensure that there is appropriate leadership, systems, personnel, and other resources to support the company’s goals in an effective and efficient manner. You will contribute positive support and action to promote a culture of teamwork across the company, in line with TCG’s core values.
You will ensure that the company’s accounting, contracts, and procurement processes are compliant with applicable laws and regulations. You will proactively identify emerging financial and other business risks and make recommendations to executive management on ways to mitigate them. You will be responsible for the implementation of those mitigations, and successfully manage them through to completion.
You will oversee our B Corporation status, ensure we are meeting our responsibilities, and that we are walking the walk of a business that focuses on the triple bottom line.
Additionally, you will be expected to lend your financial and business expertise to the executive management strategic planning process. In this position, you will be the front line on identifying, preparing for, and addressing risk to the company in areas as diverse as money in the bank and HR.
- Strategically partner with the TCG leadership team to drive profitable growth through analysis, influencing, and action on risk assessment, contracting excellence, pricing, profitability, and cost control
- Ensure the accuracy of all financial statements and ensure strong program and project financial controls
- Provide leadership to expand ROI through efficient deployment of financial resources
- Provide thought leadership in effective risk mitigation processes, estimating, and project accountability to budgets
- Procure and manage insurance of all kinds
- Work with our process office and ensure we are meeting the standards set by that office
- Support pricing activities for new business, in collaboration with our business development and operations staff, to improve win probabilities while positioning the team for delivery excellence
- Manage, coach, and support the Accounting, HR, and Contracts teams
- Lead reporting, forecasting, and planning processes, including providing financial targets for profitable growth and proactive analysis of financial statements for opportunities to increase income
- Provide institutional knowledge of government contracting and DCAA CAS (Cost Accounting Standards) pricing
- Perform market, customer, and project analysis to proactively identify both new opportunities and potential risks to future business performance
- Provide oversight for the development of accounting standards and controls
- Solid financial background with significant experience in operational management, government contracting, business logistics, and contract negotiation
- Experience that demonstrates strong analytical skills
- At least 10 years of experience in various financial, accounting, or other relevant business positions
- A minimum of 8 years in a leadership/managerial position of a financial, accounting, or other relevant business organization with 100+ employees
- Significant experience in a government contracting environment with mastery of Cost Accounting Standards, pricing and managing cost-based proposals/contracts, FAR Cost Principles, and other government procurement regulations
- Exceptional engagement skills — written and verbal
- Experience with Deltek CostPoint
- Experience as a Chief Financial Officer (CFO) in the government contracting arena
- Current Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license
- Demonstrated understanding of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and other Federal Government and/or industry-related regulations
- Extensive experience working with Defense Contract Audit Agency (DCAA) and Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- PMP and/or a certification in project management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or a related field
- Master ‘s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, emergency child care support, pet health insurance, support for gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.