You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, seeking a Communications Specialist with technical- and/or government-related communications expertise to join our team. The Communications Specialist will work in a high-profile agency in the Executive Branch, at the very center of government management. Any candidate applying for this position must have superior written and oral communication skills, the ability to qualitatively analyze complex federal programs, exhibit great attention to detail, and the ability to comprehend large sums of unfamiliar subject matter within aggressive deadlines. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager and possesses a very strong work ethic. In this position, you will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment and prove daily your high value to the team.
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
TCG is pleased to offer remote employment for this position in the following states, AL, AZ, CO, DC, DE, GA, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NC, OH, PA (outside Philadelphia), TN, VA, or WV with the requirement to occasionally travel to Washington, DC for client meetings. Local, Washington, DC metropolitan area, applicants are greatly preferred; allowing for a hybrid work arrangement with 3 days remote and 2 days on-site each week.
In this position, you will be responsible for forming and communicating strategy and goals. Other responsibilities include developing the program, planning, organizing, and executing day-to-day activities, and facilitating project status review meetings.
- Helps manage the strategic engagement events calendar, key messages, and rollout strategy for agency policies.
- Helps support internal communications needs, such as talking points for senior staff as well as navigating the agency’s clearance process.
- Works with limited direction to lead, define, develop, and distribute project communications.
- Supports leadership to develop, communicate, establish, implement, monitor, and control the project throughout the phases of its lifecycle
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional work experience
- Ability to partner and collaborate effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Experience supporting communications in technology or federal government environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in a complex IT Governance environment supporting day-to-day activities
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Project Analyst, Grade 6