TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Computer Security System Specialist II, who currently lives in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, to be part of our team on a project located in Arlington, VA.
***This position is contingent upon the award of this position to TCG.***
This project supports the goals of the Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative (CNCI), specifically Initiative I: “Management of the Federal Enterprise Network as a single network enterprise with Trusted Internet Connections,” which is commonly referred to as the “Trusted Internet Connections” (TIC) Initiative. It requires a Computer Security System Specialist who can readily assess user needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements.
A currently active Top Secret clearance is required for this position.
Applicants applying for this position must be technology conversant, exhibit great attention to detail, execute under aggressive deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing circumstances. Our ideal candidate is someone who prides themselves on a job well done and possesses a very strong work ethic, while also valuing collaboration and communication.
In this position, you will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment, and prove your high value to the team.
- Analyze and define security requirements for Multilevel Security (MLS) issues
- Design, develop, engineer and implement solutions to MLS requirements
- Gather and organize technical information about an organization’s mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the MLS arena
- Perform risk analysis, which also includes risk assessment
- Assist in applying best practices for industry to the customer using a knowledge base of computer security related standards
- Perform computer security systems analysis to identify required tasks and their interrelationships
- Communicate requirements, processes and procedures as requested
- Continuously inform the project team to ensure completion of program deadlines
- Identify computer security system related technology inadequacies and/or deficiencies that affect the ability to support/meet project/program goals
- Participate in functional implementation strategy sessions and strategic assessments
- Help facilitate security system processes by collaborating with team member and project management.
- Continuously collaborate with other staff members
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the role of a Computer Security Specialist
- A currently active Top Secret clearance
- CISSP, CISA, CCIE, or equivalent certification
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office products
- Professional, client-ready written and oral communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Collaborative, “can-do” attitude
- Current DHS Site-suitability a major plus
- Bachelor’s degree
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2018 Fortune magazine named TCG as a “Great Place to Work” for the second year and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fourth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.