TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Computer Security System Specialist III, who currently lives in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, to be part of our team on a project located in Arlington, VA.
***This position is contingent upon the award of this position to TCG.***
This project supports the goals of the Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative (CNCI), specifically Initiative I: “Management of the Federal Enterprise Network as a single network enterprise with Trusted Internet Connections,” which is commonly referred to as the “Trusted Internet Connections” (TIC) Initiative. It requires a Computer Security System Specialist who can readily assess user needs to determine functional and cross-functional requirements.
A currently active Top Secret clearance is required for this position.
Applicants applying for this position must be technology conversant, exhibit great attention to detail, execute under aggressive deadlines, and adapt quickly to changing circumstances. Our ideal candidate is someone who prides themselves on a job well done and possesses a very strong work ethic, while also valuing collaboration and communication.
In this position, you will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment, and prove your high value to the team.
- Provide technical and administrative direction for personnel performing software development tasks, including the review of work products for correctness, adherence to the design concept and user standards, and for programs in accordance with schedules
- Coordinate with the Project and/or Program Manager to ensure problem solution and user satisfaction
- Make recommendations, if needed, for approval of major systems installations
- Prepare milestones goals and statistics
- Monitor the gathering of technical information about organization mission goals and needs, existing security products, and ongoing programs in the Multilevel Security (MLS) arena
- Ensure there is continuous application of best practices for industry to the customer
- Communicate requirements, processes and procedures as needed
- Lead and/or facilitate functional implementation strategy sessions and strategic assessments
- Continuously collaborate with other staff members
- A minimum of 7 years of experience as a Computer Security Specialist with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- A currently active Top Secret security clearance
- CISSP, CISA, CCIE, or equivalent certification
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office products
- Professional, client-ready written and oral communication skills
- Current DHS Site-suitability a major plus
- Bachelor’s degree
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2018 Fortune magazine named TCG as a “Great Place to Work” for the second year and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fourth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.