TCG is an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. We are seeking a Contracts Manager II, currently residing in the Washington, DC metropolitan area, to join our team. This is primarily a telecommuting position.
The Contracts Manager II is responsible for understanding contractual opportunities and assisting in the formulation of contract policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, and performance standards for a variety of professional services engagement.
- Manage and execute every contract with full knowledge of the FAR, help project managers understand what they are required to do per the contract, and assist with execution and closeout of the contracting process from a FAR and requirements perspective.
- Negotiate, analyze, and provide input into the preparation and revision of contracts and subcontracts to ensure customer and corporate objectives are met.
- Ensure corporate proposals are fully compliant with the RFP’s legal requirements.
- Examine contract records/files and manage, track, and ensure compliance with any new contractual obligations.
- Lead contract negotiations and manage the process of adding or changing existing contracts in response to new legal or FAR requirements.
- Manage our GSA Schedule(s) and other GWACs, find new opportunities within those vehicles, and determine whether new GSA schedule requirements are important to us (and take action in modifying subcontracts or notifying project managers or executives if they are).
- Analyze new laws, regulations, and contract trends to determine potential impact on the business and existing agreements.
- Review and negotiate terms and conditions of different types of contractual agreements — Non-Disclosure, Teaming Agreements, and Subcontract Agreements — to ensure compliance with established legal policies and standards.
- Act as an advisor regarding legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations to management and others.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years of work experience with a minimum of 3 years of contracts or subcontracts management or other comparable experience with US Government Contracts with a focus/in-depth knowledge of the contract management lifecycle
- Ability to take ownership of contracts management and work independently, while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Superb negotiation skills
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Work with little direct supervision
- Contract management certification(s)
- A law degree and/or legal experience
- Experience with Federally Funded Research and Development Centers (FFRDC)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.