TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Contracts Manager to do awesome things with contracts. This position is a mostly telecommuting role, with rare travel to meet with other TCGers in the DC area.
The Contracts Manager will work with senior leadership, program managers, other executives, and our Contract Administrator to maintain colorful binders of really complicated-looking paper, perhaps with some of those little Post-It Note tab thingies marking especially spicy pages. But that’s just the beginning. More importantly, the Contracts Manager will help the company leverage existing contracts appropriately, provide strategic input on the acquisition of new contracts and the maintenance of existing contracts, and ensure that TCG isn’t just compliant but super-compliant with all required rules and regulations…and maybe some that aren’t required but are definitely a really good idea. You tell us, YOU’RE the Contracts Manager!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Manage and execute every contract with full knowledge of the FAR, help project managers understand what they are required to do per the contract, and assist with execution and closeout of the contracting process from a FAR and requirements perspective.
- Understand contractual opportunities and assist in the formulation of contract policies, procedures, methods, operating practices, and performance standards for a variety of professional services engagement.
- Negotiate, analyze, and provide input into the preparation and revision of contracts and subcontracts to ensure customer and corporate objectives are met.
- Ensure corporate proposals are fully compliant with the RFP’s legal requirements.
- Examine contract records/files and manage, track, and ensure compliance with any new contractual obligations.
- Lead contract negotiations and manage the process of adding or changing existing contracts in response to new legal or FAR requirements.
- Oversee and manage our GSA Schedule(s) and other GWACs, find new opportunities within those vehicles, and determine whether new GSA schedule requirements are important to us (and take action in modifying subcontracts or notifying project managers or executives if they are).
- Analyze new laws, regulations, and contract trends to determine potential impact on the business and existing agreements.
- Review and negotiate terms and conditions of different types of contractual agreements — Non-Disclosure, Teaming Agreements, and Subcontract Agreements — to ensure compliance with established legal policies and standards.
- Act as an advisor regarding legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations to management and others.
- Minimum 5 years of contracts or subcontracts management or other comparable experience with US Government Contracts with a focus/in depth knowledge of the contract management lifecycle
- Ability to take ownership of contracts management and work independently, while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Contract management certification(s)
- A law degree and/or legal experience are not required but they would be really, really helpful. Feel free to try to convince us we are wrong. But we think we want someone who will come at this position looking at things from a legal perspective, rather than from an accounting perspective.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Law or other legal degree or similar document proving you can look at documents with a lawyerly eye
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Superb negotiation skills
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
- Work with little direct supervision
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2016 Fortune magazine named TCG the #4 medium-sized Great Place to Work in the United States and The Washington Post named TCG as a Top Workplace for the second straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.