You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government seeking a Cybersecurity Project Coordinator to join our Information Assurance team.
This is a fully remote position. However, the selected candidate must be able to come to Washington, D.C. to pick up their equipment and for occasional on-site project work.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required for this position.
The Cybersecurity Project Coordinator will assist with daily business activities and administrative tasks and liaise with other teams to ensure the smooth operation of Information Assurance team activities. They will track and manage action items and assigned taskings to completion, applying agile methodologies, and resolving blockers. They will understand the organization’s structure, policies, and operations, and recommend solutions to improve business process flows.
Any candidate applying for this position must exhibit great attention to detail, understand the importance of getting the correct information to the correct person to make informed decisions and adapt quickly to changing circumstances. The ideal candidate is someone who shows initiative and can manage multiple tasks in a small amount of time. The candidate should possess a strong work ethic, while also valuing collaboration and communication.
- Coordinate project activities, resources, equipment, and information
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Liaise with teams to identify and define requirements, scope, and objectives
- Assign and track tasks to internal teams in Jira and assist with schedule management
- Create, update, and maintain tickets following organization standards
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Coordinate cybersecurity, application development, and system engineering process improvements
- Make sure that client and team needs are met as projects evolve
- Monitor, update, and curate the process and documentation libraries
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Capture, disseminate, and track meeting notes and action items
- Collect, compile, and analyze team metrics
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 3 years of related IT experience
- Atlassian certification (e.g. ICP, CSM, PSM) or ability to obtain within first 3 months of employment
- Skilled in planning, organizing, and schedule management
- Team-focused attitude and ability to work proactively and efficiently with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Self-directed and motivated with strong analytical skills, systematic and orderly planning abilities, and high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Collaborative, “can-do” attitude with the ability to work with all levels of an organization, including high-level internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced environment
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a clear appreciation of end customer needs
- Must be flexible and adaptable
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and skills
- Comfortable conducting prioritization, problem assessment, and problem-solving independently
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Atlassian certification (ICP, CSM, SCM, or ability to obtain within first 3 months of employment
- Mastery in the use of MS Office products: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Familiarity with collaboration tools (i.e. Confluence) and issue-tracking systems (i.e. Jira)
- Understanding of Federal government contracting
- Knowledge of web security best practices, FISMA standards
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Experience may be substituted in the absence of a degree.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2023 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 9th straight year based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff achieves. And our CEO was ranked best, by TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: IT Project Coordinator, Grade 4