You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, seeking a Data Analyst, ideally with a background in cybersecurity, to join our team. The Data Analyst will work in a high-profile agency in the Executive Branch, at the very center of government management. Any candidate applying for this position must have superior communication skills, the ability to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze cybersecurity data, prepare data-rich presentations for senior government leaders and stakeholders, and exhibit great attention to detail. The ideal candidate is someone who is eager and possesses a very strong work ethic. In this position, you will be expected to excel in a fast-paced environment and prove daily your high value to the team.
This is a hybrid position with 3 days of remote work and 2 days on-site each week. The selected applicant must be located within a commutable distance of Washington, DC.
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
In this role, you will work with our government clients to develop, deploy, and maintain analytical and reporting software solutions.
- Analyze, organize, and transform data into understandable reports, technical specifications, and visualizations
- Develop business intelligence tools, database objects, ETL scripts, and SQL queries to extract information from data sets
- Develops and identifies metrics, conducts analysis, and identifies gaps in data
- Brings technical expertise to ensure the quality and accuracy of cybersecurity data
- Explains intricate technical processes in non-technical terms, and modernizes, maintains, and streamlines reports for technical and non-technical presentations to leadership
- Organize and format data to ensure efficiency and quality in data storage and retrieval
- Prepare and present quantitative data for an executive audience
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in data analytics including at least 3 years of experience creating reports utilizing report writing software or Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as Power BI, BIRT, OBIEE, Tableau, or Pentaho
- Experience using common business intelligence tools, advanced Excel, and SQL
- Experience working with relational databases
- Experience with SQL optimization using indexes and query optimization
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and pivot tables
- Experience supporting CyberSecurity related projects
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a “helping others helps us all” personality
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Data Analyst, Grade 7