You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Data Architect to join our team.
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal security clearance are required.
This is a hybrid (primarily remote) position requiring occasional in-person meetings in Bethesda, MD.
- Responsible for assessing and documenting the current, “as-is” data architecture and developing the future, “to-be” architecture that aligns with agency objectives
- Accountable for preparing data governance policy and procedures
- Helps to define ownership of enterprise data elements
- Responsible for developing the framework for the enterprise data architecture consistent with Federal standards
- Oversee data analytics efforts
- Recommend data storage technologies and repository architectures as needed. This includes creating and maintaining an enterprise data lake to collect operational data useful for OCIO business operations.
- Develop an approach for evaluating proposed solution architectures to fit NIH’s IT vision and align with Enterprise Architecture.
- Implement a suite of self-service, interactive decision tools developed on low-code platforms to facilitate the assessment of proposed architectures in a repeatable and standardized manner.
- Assess proposed architecture against IT vision, principles, and Enterprise Architecture. Develop and implement plans to achieve the proposed architecture.
- Automate by employing low-code platforms such as SharePoint, Qlik, ServiceNow, Microsoft Teams, and others to implement selected workflows as proofs-of-concept.
- Use Agile development processes and rapid prototyping to deliver the proof of concepts efficiently, timely, and of high quality.
- Provide side-by-side comparisons of selected competing products, alternative technologies, and platforms as visually appealing, at-a-glance infographics.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience, with at least 5 years as a data architect
- Experience working with Federal customers
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to drive recommendations
- Able to build strong client relationships
- Adept at using MS Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s degree required
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy
Internal title/grade: Data Analytics Analyst, Grade 7