You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Data Security Specialist who will provide comprehensive support to plan, coordinate, and implement information security programs.
This is a fully remote position. However, the selected candidate must be able to come to Washington, D.C. to pick up their equipment and for occasional on-site project work.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required for this position.
- This role encompasses high-level tasks supporting business applications, systems, cloud integration, network, portfolio alignment, infrastructure, and the enterprise
- Review the current architecture, recommend secure environment methods, and streamline the enterprise for efficiency, modernization, security, new innovative technology integration, and industry best practices
- Applies careful consideration of interdependencies to meet compliance and business objectives
- Audit and evaluate existing data storage or transfer systems to identify weaknesses and assess risk
- Perform vulnerability testing and implement new or upgraded security measures or controls
- Document system or policy changes related to data security
- Review security violation reports or logs, investigate possible security exceptions, and administer incident response procedures
- Coordinate with internal personnel or external agencies as needed
- Ensure compliance with regulations governing data security or privacy (HIPAA, PII, etc.)
- Specialized experience in Cybersecurity with a focus on complex networks, cloud technologies, cross-platform integration, and large-scale, complex systems design and implementation
- Works under general supervision
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter
- May provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring to a subordinate group
- Problem/Situation Analysis
- Oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Security certification (CISSP, CompTIA Security +, CNDSP, or equivalent)
- Master’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of specialized experience or Bachelor’s degree with at least 6 years of specialized experience in leading Cybersecurity technology
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate based on race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2023 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 9th straight year based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff achieves. And our CEO was ranked best, by TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: System Engineer, Grade 6