TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Database Administrator to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing maintenance, development, and analytical support of the database and its datasets.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area or within Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania (excluding the City of Philadelphia), Tennessee, Virginia, or West Virginia.
- Provides senior technical support to translate business needs into long-term architecture solutions.
- Defines, designs, and builds databases and is responsible for developing data architecture blueprints, evaluating hardware and software platforms, and integrating systems.
- Responsible for developing enterprise-level data strategy, data architecture, and data management policies, processes, and procedures.
- Advises application developers on technology, methodology, and best practices to reach enterprise goals such as data sharing, data integration, data quality, and data security.
- At least 8 years of specialized experience including data design, data architecture, metadata, and repository creation.
- Proven expertise in writing, testing, and optimizing database stored procedures.
- Data migration and associated methodology and documentation expertise are required.
- Experience across database software types required given the nature of any migration activities and all prospective database administrators must be able to demonstrate experience and expertise with a MySQL database.
- Experience with Maria DB is preferred, but not required.
- Experience building or maintain Appian applications on a Cloud installation is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.