You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Database Developer to join our team in anticipation of an upcoming opportunity.
For this telecommuting position, TCG is pleased to offer remote employment in the following states, AL, AZ, CO, DC, DE, GA, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NC, OH, OR, PA (excluding the City of Philadelphia), TN, UT, VA, WV, or WI.
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal government security clearance are required for this position.
- Implement and maintain database code in the form of stored procedures, scripts, queries, views, triggers, etc.
- Implement effective and maintainable database coding practices that form an architectural foundation.
- Analyze existing SQL queries and PLPG/SQL code for performance improvements.
- Develop functions, SQL statements in PLPG/SQL, and stored procedures to maintain business logic.
- Design relational logical data models and their physical schema design.
- Work with team to ensure database code meets requirements
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team members to review user stories, estimate effort to build functionality supporting user stories, and participate in sprint reviews.
- A minimum of 10 years as a database developer with strong SQL (stored procedures, functions, views)
- Strong understanding of modeling principles, stored procedures, views, table maintenance, and performance profiling
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- AWS RDS
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline preferred; four (4) years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Software Engineer, Grade 7