You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Deputy Chief Technology Officer (Deputy CTO) with IT architecture, IT policy, and customer outreach experience. This is primarily a remote position with requirements to periodically meet and present to customers in the DC area. Applicants must live within commuting distance of Washington, DC.
The Deputy CTO will work in a challenging, fast-paced environment in the CTO/CIO’s office. This office is responsible for strategic planning and execution of activities to improve and evangelize TCG’s technical capabilities and pursuits. This includes the identification of cutting-edge technologies that will improve the IT services that TCG provides to customers, creating prototypes to determine the efficacy of improvements, working with employees to identify technical needs and solutions, sharing knowledge, solutions, and prototypes across TCG, and conducting outreach to potential customers on TCG’s IT capabilities through presentations and proposals.
The Deputy CTO will engage with current and prospective customers to understand their needs and explore solutions to their problems. They will partner with the business development team to represent TCG’s expertise and capabilities in the marketplace and collaborate with TCG delivery teams in technical design and architecture activities. Any candidate applying for this position must be an IT leader, architect, developer, and visionary. They must be able to lead initiatives, quickly learn new technologies and processes, write about complex concepts to a non-IT audience, and provide presentations both internally and to potential customers. The ideal candidate is someone who shows initiative and can manage multiple tasks in a small amount of time. The candidate should possess a very strong work ethic, while also valuing collaboration and communication.
US Citizenship or Permanent Resident status and the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal government-issued security clearance are required for this position.
- Contribute to thought leadership by monitoring and evaluating the marketplace for products, services, trends, and new thinking that will assist in providing high-quality solutions to customers
- Meet with prospective and existing customers on brainstorming new initiatives, roadmaps, and delivery challenges
- Conduct outreach to potential clients on new technical opportunities
- Participate in proposals, especially for new technologies and capabilities
- Participate in technical roadmap, design, and architecture activities across TCG programs
- Prioritize R&D and prototype needs for customer-facing technologies and lead these activities through development
- Define and implement engineering practices and standards
- Orchestrate technical corporate partnerships (some delegated to capability captains)
- Coordinate internal and external IT education in R&D topics
- A deep understanding of TCG’s capabilities and history at key agencies including OMB, MCC, OGE, and FCC
- A minimum of 15 years of experience with a degree or a minimum of 19 years of experience without a degree
- Extensive IT experience (software development, system and data architecture, Agile methodologies, DevOps, security)
- Technical team leadership
- A positive perspective on cutting-edge and future technologies
- Self-motivated and active continuing education in IT
- Team-focused attitude and ability to work proactively and efficiently with an appropriate sense of urgency
- Self-directed and motivated with strong analytical skills, systematic and orderly planning abilities, and high attention to details
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail to ensure all deliverables are thorough and accurate
- Collaborative, “can-do” attitude with the ability to work with all levels of management
- Ability to multi-task and function in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- A talent for creativity and problem-solving
- Experience in Federal government contracting
- Experience with analyzing RFIs, RFPs, and other opportunities presented to TCG
- Experience contributing to proposal development, including solutioning, authoring or acting as a subject matter expertise
- Experience in strategic planning
- Experience in R&D prototyping
- Experience in authoring customer-facing blog posts and white papers
- Experience in authoring technical processes and training materials
- Experience in leading team meetings
- Experience in IT policy
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology preferred
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Technology Director, Grade 11