TCG is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Dev/Ops Engineer, who lives in the metropolitan Washington, DC area, to join our team at a major Federal agency.
This position also requires the ability to pass a Federal Government background check, for which U.S. Citizenship is required.
In this position you will be responsible for delivering a Continuous Development Pipeline to our customers. As a team member, tasks will be primarily focused on migrating to a Continuous Development model and redesigning existing build procedures to reduce complexity and take advantage of the “pipeline.” This requires automation of code deployment from non-production to production environments using tools such as: Stash/Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus, and Ansible. Beyond the automation of these activities, continuous improvement of processes and the integration of best practices is expected as well.
The secondary responsibility of this position is Red Hat Linux system administration. Tasks range from basic to moderately complex. There will be a need to provide technical support for basic to moderate level projects and issues on RHEL servers. There is also an on-call / off-hours rotation.
Additional responsibilities include,
- Maintain QA and Production configuration using automation tools
- Write scripts to automate operations and server management
- Build and maintain operations tools for monitoring, notifications, trending, and analysis
- Define, create, test, and execute operations procedures
- Troubleshoot production issues
- Install OS updates/hotfixes/patches/service packs
- Work with Application Developers to automate builds and software deployments to QA and production
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration & Deployment environment
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies
- A minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience as a build engineer or similar role
- Experience as an intermediate level Red Hat Linux administrator with working knowledge of both physical and virtual Red Hat server deployments and long-term maintenance
- Stash/Git — provide support to the application development teams in migrating code from CVS/TFS
- Java (.NET a plus) — provide support for application development teams
- Maven — assistance in building POMs to facilitate deployments
- Jenkins — administer and configure for code deployments
- Nexus — experience using as a repository.
- Ansible — experience as an automation tool for Continuous Delivery pipeline
- A desire and passion to take-on a broad set of responsibilities
- The ability to rapidly understand our technology and work with multiple partners
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.