TCG is an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. We are seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team on a high-profile project with a major Federal agency.
Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area or within Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania (excluding the City of Philadelphia), Tennessee, Virginia, or West Virginia.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
- Maintenance, configuration, patching, and upgrades of application components for a complex, multi-tier web application in a Linux-based environment
- Maintenance, configuration, patching, and upgrades of application components for both TCG-owned environments, as well as client-owned development, test, and production environments
- Development, deployment, and maintenance of application frameworks for Angular, Java, Apache, Tomcat Node, Grails, and Postgres
- Automation of deployment activities through scripting to ensure repeatable, consistent deployment of configuration management items and code bases
- Support configuration and troubleshooting in both TCG-managed and client-owned environments for internal network components and dependencies (i.e. DNS, firewalls, permissions, SMTP/email, authentication)
- Troubleshoot application, infrastructure, and network issues with the development team, other DevOps team members, and the client’s network/hosting teams
- Support for security hardening and configuration activities
- A minimum of 4 years of related work experience
- Expertise in Red Hat Linux system administration and in infrastructure support for web-based applications
- Expertise with source code management using SVN, Git or Gitlab
- Expertise with deployment automation scripting, such as Ansible or Bash
- Experience troubleshooting complex, multi-tier web applications, and their back-end services
- Public cloud computing platforms (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- Maintaining CI/CD environment using Jenkins
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS Upgrade
- Containerization — Docker, Kubernetes, etc
- Secure protocols (LDAPS, secure SNMP, MFA)
- IT security implementation and compliance in a Federal government environment
- Working knowledge with Jira
- Experience migrating RHEL and AWS
- Preferred — Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for the not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Salary range: $135,000 — $145,000