You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a DevOps Engineer to join our team on a high-profile project supporting a major Federal agency.
Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area or within Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania (excluding the City of Philadelphia), Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, or Wisconsin.
This position also requires the ability to pass a Federal Government background check, for which U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Maintenance, configuration, patching, and upgrades of application components for a complex, multi-tier web application in a Linux-based environment;
- Maintenance, configuration, patching, and upgrades of application components for both TCG-owned environments, as well as client-owned development, test, and production environments;
- Development, deployment, and maintenance of application frameworks for Angular, Java, Node, and Postgres.
- Automation of deployment activities through scripting to ensure repeatable, consistent deployment of configuration management items and code bases;
- Support configuration and troubleshooting in both TCG-managed and client-owned environments for internal network components and dependencies (i.e. DNS, firewalls, permissions, SMTP/email, authentication);
- Troubleshoot application, infrastructure, and network issues with the development team, other DevOps team members, and the client’s network/hosting teams;
- Support for security hardening and configuration activities.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Expertise in Linux system administration and in infrastructure support for web-based applications;
- Expertise with deployment automation using Git and Gitlab;
- Expertise with deployment automation scripting;
- Experience troubleshooting complex, multi-tier web applications and their back-end services;
- Expertise with Ansible scripting for deployment automation
- Experience in the deployment and maintenance of application technical stack including Apache, Tomcat, Java, Node, and Postgres
- Experience in IT security implementation and compliance in a Federal government environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for the not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits and perqs which include health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and annual training budgets, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well. In fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance our employees are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: System Engineer, Grade 7