TCG is an award-winning, government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a DevOps / Java Developer to join our project team at a major Federal agency. Candidates must reside in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area.
This position also requires the ability to pass a Federal Government background check, for which a Green Card or U.S. Citizenship is required.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work in Gaithersburg, MD at the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
TCG will continue to put our employee’s health and safety first with appropriate social distancing and sanitation guidelines when our employees will need to report on site. To the greatest extent possible, we advocate for continued telework. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
The successful candidate will be part of a development team that includes developers, a tester, and a database specialist. The candidate will provide end-to-end design, development, validation, and testing on a Java Enterprise system.
- Help design, develop, deploy, and manage existing applications
- Develop software in a Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition (J2EE) environment
- Apply software testing methodologies and oversee application testing
- Assess the current state of validation in applications to identify, manage, and fix software defects, and develop additional code as needed
- Resolve technical issues through debugging, research, and investigation
- Communicate effectively with technical specialists, the project manager, and clients
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience desired in Java and J2EE technologies
- At least 3 years of experience in the rapid development of applications
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience in Oracle database implementation and migration
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS) architecture
- At least 2 years of experience on DevOps process and operations using Maven
- At least 3 years of work experience in Representational State Transfer (RESTful) services
- Experience in the following technology stack is a must:
- Jakarta Enterprise Edition (EE) technology is permitted for server-side business logic processing, database interactions, workflow processing, web service implementation, and report generation. Technologies: OpenJDK 11+, Java Server Faces 2.2+, PrimeFaces 7.0+, AdminFaces 1.0+ (e.g., Bootstrap 4.0+), Maven 3.6+, JUnit 5+ and Tomcat 9+, Hibernate 4.3+, Spring 5.2+.
- Java server-side REST application program interface (API) shall be developed using the Jersey 2+ (JAX-RS) Web Services Framework
- Adobe PDF technology is permitted for generation and presentation of standard government forms and report generation
- Git lab source-code repository experience
- Java Certified Developer
- Experience with JUnit or other unit testing tools and Selenium tests
- Ability to participate in an Agile team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong experience with SDLC processes. Familiarity with various developer documents including deployment plans, high level design document, project management plan, configuration management plans
- Experience working within application development for federal sector projects is desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or an equivalent
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.