TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking an Enablement Manager to join our team. While this is primarily a telecommuting role, applicants must live within a commutable distance of Washington, D.C.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
- Reports to the Project Manager
- Works with service customers to understand requirements, translate them to strategies and tactics for implementation by the delivery team
- Scopes project engagements, including budgets, and develops memoranda of understanding and other contract instruments to formalize them
- Meets deadlines as part of a collaborative team
- Identifies, acquires, and utilizes company resources to achieve project technical objectives. Establishes priorities, task assignments, and completion
- Ensures that quality and productivity standards are maintained while meeting project/client deadlines and budget constraints
- Ensures quality assurance and timely delivery of all specified deliverables
- Supervises the training of new personnel under their purview to ensure compliance with government regulations, codes, and company policy and procedures
- Serve as liaisons between technical and non-technical departments in order to ensure that all targets and requirements are met
- Ensure technical projects are completed on schedule and within budget
- Requires specialized skill set. Conducts highly complex work, unsupervised and with extensive latitude for independent judgment
- At least 3 years of proven project management experience
- Experience managing customer success teams
- Experienced facilitator or proven track record of facilitating diverse user groups
- Experience building and tracking the business outcomes (from end user’s perspective) of enablement offerings
- Experience managing federal shared service customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of transportation data and analytics
- Bachelor’s degree
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.