You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we seek an Enterprise Architect to join the TCG team at a major Federal agency.
This is a hybrid position with 3 days of remote work and 2 days on-site each week. The selected applicant must be located within a commutable distance of Bethesda, MD.
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
The Enterprise Architect (EA) is responsible for maintaining the design for how IT supports a federal agency’s mission and business operations. The EA will help make the agency’s IT expenditures more effectively serve the mission and goals of the organization. The EA will help bring together business functions, executive sponsors, budget, and IT people to provide solutions and forward-looking roadmaps using models, predicting outcomes, and providing innovation to common business practices for efficiency.
- Provide specialized enterprise architecture expertise to assist in the planning, development, and execution of EA consistent with government standards, e.g., FISMA, OMB, NIST, etc. EA support shall cover the six sub-architecture domains – Strategy, Business, Data, Applications, Infrastructure, and Security.
- Establish and maintain a line of sight from the strategic goals to infrastructure solutions.
- Develop and maintain an EA Repository for NIH. Recommend tools or applications for this purpose.
- Develop enterprise architecture roadmaps and IT strategic plans for CIO programs.
- Update and maintain data submissions to the agency EA repository.
- Develop standards, guidance, manuals, and training materials.
- Set up a functional EA review board that can review and help the adoption of new technologies. The review objectives are to ensure mission and goals alignment, reduce technical debt, and provide actionable recommendations to program offices.
- Provide a cloud-smart approach to all architecture initiatives, embracing platform flexibility across AWS, Azure, and other providers.
- A Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- The ability to work with and communicate effectively with team members (consultants, technical staff, subject experts) and clients to define project activities and resolve issues and problems
- The ability to communicate within and across teams
- Must possess and demonstrate excellent writing skills
- The ability to talk to clients about technology with the understanding that clients are not themselves technologists, and with the political savvy to know how to phrase issues to reassure rather than overwhelm clients
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize, and lead problem-resolution efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working in a management or supervisory role
- The ability to work with little direct supervision
- Want and accept responsibility for project performance and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate creativity and responsibility in all tasks without waiting for direction from others
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is required
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: IT Architect, Grade 8