You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our team on a high-profile project supporting a major Federal agency.
Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. The selected individual will be required to pick up their work equipment (laptop) from our customer’s offices, located in Washington, DC.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required for this position.
- Full-stack Ruby on Rails and Java development on custom applications
- Custom development on the Atlassian product stack, including custom plugins leveraging the Atlassian plugin architecture
- Ensuring the security of products and responding to security-related requests
- As-needed production support on systems of responsibility
- Supports, maintains, and documents software functionality
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs as needed
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements
- Consults with the end-user as needed to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and skills
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 7 years of overall technical experience
- Minimum 3 years of full stack development experience working within a variety of technical environments
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with application development in Ruby on Rails
- Experience developing automated unit tests and at least one unit testing library
- Database tier experience:
- Relational Database experience including MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Strong knowledge of database design, SQL, and stored procedures
- Web tier experience:
- Intermediate experience using Git or other distributed revision control systems in a team environment
- Working knowledge of Jenkins and other continuous integration tools
- Knowledge of web security best practices (e.g. OWASP Top 10)
- Experience working in both a team environment and independently
- Demonstrates excellent grammar and spelling in written communication
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation
- Experience with using Atlassian COTS tools such as Confluence and Jira, and developing custom plugins for either
- Experience with Agile/Scrum software development practices
- Building containers and orchestrating containers using Docker or similar technology, including scripting and configuration
- Working knowledge of Selenium and JUnit
- Experience with Linux System Administration and Bash scripting skills, particularly with RHEL
- Familiarity with 508 accessibility standards
- Experience writing and consuming REST APIs
- Atlassian certifications (ACP-100 and/or ACP-120)
- Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Software Engineer, Grade 6