TCG is an award-winning emerging large-business e‑government solutions provider with more than 200 FTEs. We need a poised and experienced Human Resources Manager to support our efforts. TCG prides itself on being positively distinct and our approach to the employee lifecycle is an example of how we set ourselves apart. At TCG, we have split HR into three distinct parts: recruiting, compliance and risk, and employee happiness.
The Human Resources Manager will manage the compliance and risk aspects of traditional HR, reporting directly to the CFO. It is a 100% telework position with rare in-person meetings with employees as needed. As such, we would prefer applicants in the DC area, but we would consider applicants from anywhere east of the Mississippi.
- Lead and manage a team of HR Generalists by providing high level direction, coaching, and holding the team accountable for outcomes
- Manage all official employee communications to minimize risks to TCG and maintain fair, honest, and open communications with employees
- Work with the CFO, outside counsel, and TCG’s President to author, review, and revise TCG’s personnel policies to reflect changes in laws and trends
- Provide effective oversight of health and 401k plans to ensure they are executed in compliance with HIPAA and ERISA, respectively
- Oversee the preparation and submission of annual reports including IRS Form 5500’s, EEO‑1, Vets100, AAP, and others
- Work directly with people managers and supervisors to address performance improvement issues with employees
- Lead and manage TCG’s compensation system performing regular analysis to ensure fair pay practices
- Champion the onboarding process, ensuring the process is up to date and of high quality, providing clarity and connection for all employees
- Work with and support the Recruiting and Employee Happiness teams in the development and delivery of strategic HR plans to fit with the overall business direction of TCG and provide the ultimate employee experience
- Work with TCG’s Executive Management Team to enhance employee benefits programs, including compensation, health insurance, expenses, vacation, and other personnel packages
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable HR federal and state requirements, conducting investigations, and maintaining records
- Identify and recommend areas of improvement as it relates to HR practice
- Lead/Participate in staff meetings and attend other meetings and seminars as assigned
- Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures, to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed
- A minimum of 7 years of progressively more complex HR experience
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in government contracting
- Experience developing junior staff through instruction, coaching, delegation, leadership, and mentoring
- Effective interpersonal skills demonstrating the ability to build solid relationships with external resources and suppliers, to foster trust and promote collaboration
- Able to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Leading by example via a professional demeanor and business acumen
- Demonstrated experience implementing process and policy changes within a (fairly) unique corporate culture
- Well-versed in and have a comprehensive understanding of HRIS (BambooHR) and payroll systems (Costpoint, iSolved) used within the government contracting industry
- Capable of communicating extremely well (and grammatically correctly) verbally and in written form, in English
- A master listener
- Able to work collaboratively across departments
- Excellent at effectively communicating to large and small group audiences of all levels
- Willing to prove why the way you’ve always done it is the right way to do it
- Proficient with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office Suite and other related software
- SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP are desired
- We look favorably upon Cornell, World at Work, or similar Compensation certification
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field required
- Master’s Degree in Human Resource Management or a related field a plus
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.