TCG is an award-winning Government solutions provider. We are seeking an IT & Administrative Support Specialist, who currently resides in the Washington DC metropolitan area, to join the TCG team at a major Federal agency.
US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work. We will continue to put our employee’s health and safety first with appropriate social distancing and sanitation guidelines when our employees will need to report on site. To the greatest extent possible, we advocate for continued telework. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
The IT and Administrative Support Specialist will perform a wide range of IT user support, administrative and office administration activities to include:
- Providing technical assistance with the Internal site for the Agency
- Help to maintain the structure and content of the site, support Administrators and maintain groups in the government user community
- Learn budget processes and concepts
- Learn and support “wiki markup”
- Recommend areas for client support and process improvement
- Develop training materials and user documentation
- Conduct training classes on basic technology (e.g. Excel)
- Assist in identifying, analyzing, developing, implementing, enhancing, and maintaining tools and services to improve information sharing, communication, and collaboration across government
- Assist in concept development, planning, speaker engagement and hosting of user forums (semi-annual conference hosted for the civilian and Federal user)
- Receive and direct visitors and clients, handle requests for information and data
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos, and emails
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- Meeting set up and tear down (request, pickup and return laptop/projector from admin staff;; open Shared Desktop or Online Meeting rooms; etc)
- Record, compile, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant post-graduate work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word and other MS Office applications
- Well developed planning and organizing skills
- Adept at prioritizing, problem assessment and problem-solving
- Experience with information gathering and information monitoring
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy
- Flexible and adaptable, able to adjust to changing needs as they arise
- Must have a strong customer service orientation
- Experience working with SharePoint
- Intermediate skills with MS Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Business, or a related discipline
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.