TCG is an award‐winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of winning an upcoming contract award, we are seeking an IT Policy & Legislative Specialist to assist in interpreting and implementing IT public policy initiatives.
The project site is located in Montgomery County. US Citizenship or Permanent Residence and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance are required for this position.
- Assist in the creation and implementation of long‐term strategy development, tracking legislation, and making policy recommendations
- Apply experience and knowledge of IT policy and legislative procedures to facilitate standards based on industry, IT, and government policy
- Analyze IT policy and legislative processes currently in place to ensure continuity and compliance
- Research and develop IT governance structures and processes and provide input on current best practices
- Confer and meet with program managers, clients, stakeholders, etc. to ensure IT policy and processes correspond with project, program, and IT policy goals
- Identify resource shortfalls and make corrective recommendations to facilitate the accomplishment of goals related to IT policy and legislation
- Assist the generation of IT policy & legislative strategies throughout the program
- Provide continuous input based on best practices from both public and private sectors
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in an IT Policy and Legislative Specialist role
- Mastery in the use of MS Office products: Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Professional, client‐ready written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Collaborative, “can‐do” attitude
- Bachelor degree in Information Science, Public Administration, Government, or a related field
This position is contingent upon the award of this position to TCG.
Why should you consider a position that is contingent upon the award? Check out our thoughts on this: https://www.tcg.com/blog/why-you-should-respond-to-ads-for-jobs-that-are-contingent-on-contract-award/
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick‐child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee‐led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.