TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER, who currently resides in the Washington DC metropolitan area, to join the TCG team at a major Federal agency.
Our client is fast-moving and eager to grow.
Our people working on the project are really smart, capable, and excited about the work they’re doing.
You, our Senior Project Manager, will manage the relationship with the client, mentor the TCG employees working on the project, and oversee a project that’s making a real difference in the government.
You’ll have the opportunity to make real change happen, and the staff and even the budget — including less-senior project managers — to do it. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for overall project performance, including cost, schedule, deliverables, and contractual compliance. He or she is the person who knows most about the business and an overview of the technical aspects of the project, who provides oversight to less senior PMs, and who explains solutions to the client.
You need to be the right kind of person for this. Wallflowers and by-the-book people won’t work. You need to be flexible with the client but protective of our employees. You need to be onsite a lot but know how to stop for the day. And you need to buy into the work we’re doing. We (and our clients) think it’s amazing and important, and you need to be on board.
- US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance
- Minimum of 2 years experience in oversight of other project managers
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in managing Federal government IT projects
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in leading project teams
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in overseeing iterative/Agile software development projects for enterprise systems
- Experience in the application of development methodology, technique, and best practices
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with team members (consultants, technical staff, subject experts) and clients to define project activities and resolve issues and problems
- Ability to communicate within and across teams
- Possess and demonstrate excellent writing skills
- Ability to talk to clients about technology with the understanding that clients are not themselves technologists, and with the political savvy to know how to phrase issues to reassure rather than overwhelm clients
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required
- You need to prove you have the ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize, and lead problem resolution efforts in a fast-paced environment.
- You have to be a great management and supervisor, and you need to know the difference.
- You’ll have little direct supervision
- You need to want — and accept — responsibility for project performance and customer satisfaction. We’ll be backing you up, but you’re on the front line.
- You must demonstrate creativity and responsibility in all tasks without waiting for direction from others.
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more. And, more importantly, we believe that you need to take time away from the office on a regular basis.
In fact, in 2016 Fortune magazine named TCG the #4 medium-sized Great Place to Work in the United States and The Washington Post named TCG as a Top Workplace for the second straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.