TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking an IT PROJECT MANAGER, who currently resides in the Washington DC metropolitan area, to join the TCG team at a major Federal agency.
The IT Project Manager is responsible for IT project performance, including cost, schedule, development methodology compliance, deliverables, and contractual compliance. He or she is the person who knows most about the business and technical aspects of the project, who manages the staff, and who explains solutions to the client.
- US citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in managing Federal government IT projects
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in leading project teams
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in overseeing iterative/Agile software development projects for enterprise systems
- Experience in the application of development methodology, technique, and best practices are essential
- Experience with applications development and deployment management
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively with team members (consultants, technical staff, subject experts) and clients to define project activities and resolve issues and problems
- Ability to travel to downtown Washington DC once or twice a week for client meetings
- Ability to communicate within and across teams
- Possess and demonstrate excellent writing skills
- Ability to talk to clients about technology with the understanding that clients are not themselves technologists, and with the political savvy to know how to phrase issues to reassure rather than overwhelm clients
- Bachelors degree in a relevant discipline
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is required.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, organize, and lead problem resolution efforts in a fast paced environment
- Management and supervisory skills are required
- Work with little direct supervision
- Want and accept responsibility for project performance and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate creativity and responsibility in all tasks without waiting for direction from others
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
IIn fact, in 2016 Fortune magazine named TCG the #4 medium-sized Great Place to Work in the United States, and in 2017 The Washington Post named TCG as a Top Workplace for the third straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.