TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Java/Angular Developer who currently resides in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area to join our cross-contract agile development team supporting high profile projects at a major federal agency.
This position requires the ability to obtain a Federal Government security clearance, for which U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Design and specify API interfaces for microservices that enable specific functionality within that architecture.
- Reuse and refactor existing to provide solutions new business needs.
- Develop code for microservices endpoints to match API specifications.
- Develop automated tests to ensure business needs are met and allow for regression testing.
- Use svn-based version control and continuous integration tools to manage code and deployment processes.
- Adapt easily to changing priorities and new requirements.
- Deep experience (8+ years or equivalent) with Java (Spring Framework) technologies
- Deep experience (8+ years or equivalent) with SQL and relational databases
- Experience (5+ years or equivalent) with Linux and Unix
- Experience (5+ years or equivalent) with HTML and CSS, including some experience with HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Ability to self-start and adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Ability to adapt designs for iterative implementation to meet constrained delivery timeframes
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members and management, including technical risks, design approaches, questions about requirements and more
- Experience developing web front-end code using Angular 5
- Experience with Bootstrap for front-end design
- Experience with Spring (v.3, v.4, & Boot) to build modern, dynamic, enterprise-quality Java applications
- Experience using Maven and Gradle for JVM-based build processes
- Experience using modern IDEs (IntelliJ, Eclipse, etc.) for Java development
- Experience with NoSQL persistence in a Java development environment
- Experience developing Ruby on Rails applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2018 Fortune magazine named TCG as a “Great Place to Work” for the third year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fourth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.