TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Java Developer who currently resides in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area to join our agile development team supporting high profile projects at a major federal agency.
This position requires the ability to pass a Federal Government background check, for which U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Design and specify API interfaces for microservices that enable specific functionality within that architecture.
- Reuse and refactor existing to provide solutions new business needs.
- Develop code for microservices endpoints to match API specifications.
- Develop unit tests to ensure business needs are met and allow for regression testing.
- Experience with Continuous Integration process.
- Adapt easily to changing priorities and new requirements.
- Experience (2+ years or equivalent) with Java (Spring Framework) technologies
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with HTML and CSS, including latest web frameworks
- Ability to self-start and adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Ability to adapt designs for iterative implementation to meet constrained delivery timeframes
- Ability to effectively communicate with team members and management, including technical risks, design approaches, questions about requirements and more
- Experience with PostgreSQL a plus
- Experience with Linux and Unix
- Experience with Bootstrap for front-end design
- Experience with Spring Boot to build modern, dynamic, enterprise-quality Java applications
- Experience using Maven
- Experience using modern IDEs (IntelliJ, Eclipse, etc.) for Java development
- Knowledge of groovy is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related discipline
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2018 Fortune magazine named TCG as a “Great Place to Work” for the third year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fourth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.