TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Java Applications Developer to join our team. This is primarily a telecommuting position.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
- Manages Java software development and support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, other accepted design techniques, and CASE tools
- Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments
- Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks
- Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems
- Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable developing and maintaining technical documentation and related artifacts
- Analyzes and studies complex system requirements developing, modifying, and estimating the level of effort to complete user stories during sprint planning sessions
- Designs software tools and subsystems to support software reuse and domain analyses and manages their implementation
- Reviews existing programs and assists in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques
- A minimum of 4 years of Java experience with a BS degree; OR over 6 years of experience with a Formal IT Certification
- Experience in applying comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and high impact assignments
- Experience planning major technology assignments and recommends major changes affecting project growth and success
- Experience applying technical expertise across multiple project assignments
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) support, coding application logic via various programming languages and Integrated Development Environments (IDE), and deploying applications via various Application Server platforms
- Experience handling multiple tasks, changing priorities, and timely action
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Agile Scrum teams.
- AWS Certification at Associate or Professional level
- Bachelor’s degree or a Formal IT Certification required
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2020 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fifth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the sixth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.