TCG, Inc. is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. We are seeking a Java Developer, who lives, eats, and breathes programming to lend their support to our talented IT team at a major Federal agency.
This position requires the ability to pass a Federal Government background check, for which U.S. Citizenship is required.
TCG was preparing for a pandemic long before it became a reality. This prompted us to work with our customers to establish telecommuting arrangements before state and local governments began issuing orders to stay at home.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work. Applicants must reside within a commutable distance of Washington, D.C.
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience in Java-based web development and operations on Linux platforms
- Professional experience and knowledge of the Servlet API and the Spring Framework
- Experience working with Spring MVC and Spring Web Flow
- The ability to work efficiently using Linux command-line tools
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases, to include queries of moderate complexity and stored procedures
- Experience troubleshooting, debugging, and diagnostic skills in a complex IT environment
- The ability to design load and stress tests of web applications and to analyze results
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work directly with clients at all levels of an organization
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, and creativity
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Knowledge of RHEL 7
- Working knowledge of web security best practices
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field; three to five years experience is acceptable in lieu of degree
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.