TCG is an award-winning Government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Java Developer, to participate in a modernization effort, to join our TCG team supporting a major Federal agency.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government security clearance is required for this position.
TCG was preparing for a pandemic long before it became a reality. This prompted us to work with our customers to establish telecommuting arrangements before state and local governments began issuing orders to stay at home.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work 2–3 days per week. Applicants must reside within a commutable distance of Washington, D.C.
In this position, you will join a small team of visionary developers responsible for redeveloping legacy applications using modern technologies and Agile best practices. This is an ideal role for a software developer with a passion for learning. Duties will include:
- Reengineer legacy systems while maintaining them until they are migrated to new, modern applications
- Actively interact with users to understand requirements
- Design innovative solutions to meet user demands
- Document all application/code using version control practices
- Participate in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including design, development, and testing
- Assist the customer with adopting best practices in an Agile and DevOps environment
- The ability to work in an environment using the following technology stack:
- Back End: JVM (Java, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate), Microservices, REST, Database
- (Postgres, MySQL)
- DevOps/Platforms: Docker, Kubernetes
- Automation Testing: Cucumber, ATDD, Protractor, Automated Performance and
- Regression/Functional Testing
- CI/CD: Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus
- Build Tools: Maven, Gradle, npm, grunt, gulp, yarn
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance for which U.S. Citizenship is required
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with Java
- Must have at least 1 year of experience with Spring/Spring Boot
- Must have a well-developed understanding of software processes and methodologies and ability to speak intelligently about them
- Must be knowledgable with regard to software design patterns
- Must have experience using a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Must have experience using an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Must be proficient with Agile practices, Agile management tools (e.g., Atlassian suite) service-oriented environments, and development best practices
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills and be comfortable communicating with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Experience with Ruby
- Knowledge of XML technology including XSL, XSLT, and XSL-FO
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent related experience
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.