TCG, a Public Benefit Corporation and Certified B Corp, is also an award-winning Government IT solutions provider. We are seeking a Java Developer to join our team at a major Federal agency where we provide software engineering services to conduct required operations and maintenance activities and to support development, modernization, and enhancement tasks for both new and existing software applications.
U.S. Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government security clearance are required for this position.
Although this is a telecommuting position, candidates must reside in the Washington, DC metropolitan area or within Alabama, Arizona, Colorado, Delaware, Georgia, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania (excluding the City of Philadelphia), Tennessee, Virginia, or West Virginia.
- Software development experience with Java/J2EE and Java-based Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) obtained through academic, internship, or other professional experience
- Experience developing with RESTful web services
- Solid understanding of HTML 5, CSS, and JSP markup, including JSP tag libraries
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL and relational database design
- Support of use case design and realization
- Ability to successfully work with team members, including senior architects, analysts, and the project manager, to design and estimate system implementation timelines
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences
- Attention to detail to include the ability to develop grammatically correct, accurate written materials
- Action orientated; able to follow up on feedback to ensure positive outcomes
- Experience with Linux, including familiarity with basic system administration tasks
- Experience with configuration management using continuous integration and continuous deployment processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline required
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more. (Our Vice President of Employee Happiness loves her job!)
We’re not some pandemic-come-lately — we’ve been treating our employees like humans for a long, long time. In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the sixth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Software Engineer, Grade 4