TCG is an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. We are seeking a Java Developer/Authentication Engineer, who resides in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, to join our team on a high-profile project at a Federal agency.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required for this position.
- A minimum of 3 years of professional experience in Java-based web development and operations on Linux platforms
- Professional experience and knowledge of the Servlet API and the Spring Framework
- Experience working with Spring MVC and Spring Web Flow
- The ability to work efficiently using Linux command-line tools
- A working knowledge of SQL and relational databases, to include queries of moderate complexity and stored procedures
- The ability to administer and tune Apache Tomcat & httpd
- Experience with the installation, integration & support of COTS and open source products
- A general understanding of X.509 certificates and PKI
- The ability to work with developers in other organizations to assist with integration with the client’s system
- Experience troubleshooting, debugging, and diagnostic skills in a complex IT environment
- The ability to design load and stress tests of web applications and to analyze results
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies and skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Ability to work directly with clients at all levels of an organization
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities,and creativity
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development environment
- Experience with Shibboleth, Apereo CAS, and other identity management products
- An understanding of Federal PKI standards
- An understanding of Containers and converting web applications to a containerized format
- Experience with distributed caches and/or distributed NoSQL databases (e.g. Ehcache, Memcached, Redis, Couchbase)
- Knowledge of RHEL
- Working knowledge of web security best practices
- Experience with compliance controls and security hardening for a US Government computer system at the FISMA Moderate or High levels
- Working knowledge of Federal digital identity standards, including NIST 80063 and FIPS 201
- Experience identifying and evaluating COTS products
- Experience contributing to open source projects, particularly on Github
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for sick-child daycare, book and fitness clubs, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.