You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Jira Reports Writer to join our team on a high-profile project supporting a major Federal agency. In this position, you will work with our government client to develop, deploy, and maintain analytical and reporting software solutions.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required for this position.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, the selected candidate will be required to travel to Washington, D.C. to pick up their work materials.
- Develop specific BIRT reports, database objects, ETL scripts, and other analytical tools and support the migration of data and views of complex financial data
- Design and develop Jira solutions and user interfaces and forms to provide customized views for non-technical audiences
- Translate end-user requests into technical specifications
- Explain intricate technical processes in non-technical terms, and modernize, maintain, and streamline reports
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with relational databases (MySQL or MS SQL Server)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience using SQL and Dynamic SQL
- A minimum of 2 years of experience utilizing report writing software or Business Intelligence (BI) tools such as BIRT, Tableau, or Pentaho
- Experience building dashboards for Jira add-ons, custom field configuration
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel and pivot tables
- A clear understanding of user permissions and the ways they affect user access
- Previous experience presenting quantitative data for an executive audience
- Excellent grammar and spelling in written communication and demonstrate the ability to write clear technical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication and listening skills
- Adapt to rapidly changing deadlines and tasks
- Superior analytical and organizational skills
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a “helping others helps us all” personality
- Experience designing Jira custom workflows to assist in automation
- Experience working with Jira templates and custom forms
- Experience working with Federal Agencies
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Information Technology, or related preferred)
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including offerings like health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: Software Engineer, Grade 5