TCG is an award-winning government IT solutions provider that puts great value on satisfied employees. We are seeking a Junior Accounting and Project Control Analyst to join the Operations team — a corporate division that supports all programs, monitors project health, tracks and maximizes revenue, optimizes operations performance, and identifies cost efficiencies. In this role, you will play a supporting role to all of TCG’s contracted work with the Federal Government.
This is a 100% telecommuting position, but candidates must live within a commutable distance of Washington, DC due to the need for occasional in-person meetings.
- Provide administrative and operational support in a variety of functional areas, including accounting, finance, pricing, resource utilization, and forecasting
- Facilitate adherence to timekeeping and expense policies
- Record daily cash (payable and receivable) transactions
- Participate in the planning, tracking, analysis, and reporting on multiple projects of varying contract type, size, complexity
- Collect and maintain data pertinent to project budgets, forecasts, and resource management
- Liaise with program management and individual project managers to support reporting requirements
- Complete routine audits and reconciliations, follow up on corrective actions
- Assist with monthly financial and project performance reporting to leadership
- Contribute to operational process improvements
- Assist with the development of standardized processes, tools, and reports
- Schedule meetings and maintain meeting agendas/minutes
- Respond to internal help desk requests
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Experience in managing multiple priorities independently and in a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to independently address routine administrative and operational problems
- Willingness to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Proficiency in MS Excel
- The ability to write grammatically and with correct spelling in English
- Basic knowledge of government contracting
- Experience in analyzing financial data as well as financial reporting and forecasting
- Basic knowledge of Costpoint or other government contracting ERP systems
- Bachelors’ degree in Management, Business, Finance, or related field
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for the not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.