TCG is an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Full Stack Developer to join our team. Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require a mix of remote and on-site work.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required.
- Full-stack Java development on custom applications
- Custom development on the Atlassian product stack, including custom plugins leveraging the Atlassian plugin architecture
- Ensuring the security of products and responding to security-related requests
- As-needed production support on systems of responsibility
- Supports, maintains, and documents software functionality
- Analyzes code to find causes of errors and revises programs as needed
- Participates in software design meetings and analyzes user needs to determine technical requirements
- Consults with the end-user as needed to prototype, refine, test, and debug programs to meet needs
- Keep up-to-date with best practices and skills
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years of experience developing web applications on a Linux platform
- Experience with JUnit and other advanced unit testing libraries such as Mockito, PowerMock
- Troubleshooting skills and experience such as reviewing logs, attaching a debugger, use of Chrome developer tools
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and clear appreciation of end customer needs
- The ability to contribute quickly to the project
- The ability to prioritize and organize efforts in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates excellent grammar and spelling in written communication
- Demonstrated ability to write clear technical documentation
- Experience with modern front-end development frameworks like React and Angular 5+
- Knowledge of the following:
- Enterprise Java web containers (Servlet API 3.0+) such as Tomcat
- Java Spring Framework (4.0+)
- SQL and other RDBMS such as MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Git source code management
- Experience with Docker, Docker Compose and Docker orchestration systems (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Experience with automation tools such as Selenium
- Knowledge of web security best practices (e.g. OWASP Top 10)
- Experience working with languages such as Microsoft .Net and Ruby on Rails
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (or other cloud provider) service offerings
- Familiarity with Atlassian products and services (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field is desired; four years of relevant experience is acceptable in lieu of degree
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for the not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, caste, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2021 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the sixth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the seventh straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.