You’ve stumbled upon the rare B Corp government contractor! At TCG, we aim to prove that businesses can be good to their employees and responsible to their community, all while being profitable. We’re an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government, currently seeking a Lead Applications Architect to join our team in anticipation of an upcoming opportunity.
For this telecommuting position, TCG is pleased to offer remote employment in the following states, AL, AZ, CO, DC, DE, GA, IL, LA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NJ, NC, OH, OR, PA (excluding the City of Philadelphia), TN, UT, VA, WV, or WI.
US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Federal government security clearance are required for this position.
- Oversees application architecture and ensures alignment with the Enterprise Architecture (EA) for all solutions delivered under this Program
- Serves as the Contractor’s technical point of contact and this individual is responsible for the technical delivery of applications and systems under this Task Order
- Serves as an architect, leveraging customer platforms and microservices to efficiently deliver application capabilities in the cloud
- The key point of contact for application-specific issues, questions, and solutions for customer leadership, staff, and other contractors.
- Formulates and defines application scope and objectives.
- Prepares detailed specifications for applications.
- Responsible for application design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
- Technical knowledge and responsibility of all phases of application architecture and development; including knowledge of AWS, MuleSoft, Java Spring, Angular, Okta
- Understands analysis, design, build, implementation, and delivery of end-to-end solutions.
- Understands the business or function for which the application is designed.
- Instructing, directing, and checking the work of other technical team members.
- Provides technical support and troubleshoots issues.
- A minimum of 15 years of IT management experience with a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree; over 7 years of experience with Formal IT Certification.
- IT management experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives
- Experience with domain knowledge and expertise in decision-making and client negotiations interfacing with senior management
- Experience with IT application systems and platform customization in relevant delivery platforms
- Experience with open system architecture, reference models, application platforms, API workflow, and information data
- Experience with Agile methodologies and Agile project management
- Experience with a variety of programming languages and databases
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect (Associate or Professional)
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Formal IT Certification preferred; four (4) years of relevant work experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is a job requirement. Reasonable accommodations may be available for those not vaccinated due to health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs.
TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, caste, or veteran status.
Our B Corp mission is reflected in our benefits, including health care, 401K match, parental leave, adoption assistance, financial planning services, student loan repayment assistance, and training budget, among others. There’s more, see for yourself.
TCG is recognized for treating employees well, in fact, in 2022 The Washington Post named TCG as a “Top Workplace” for the 8th straight year, and Fortune magazine named TCG on their best workplace lists for the sixth year in a row, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve. And our CEO was ranked best, by virtue of TCG employees’ votes, among all midsize companies in the Washington Post Top Workplace survey.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.
Internal title/grade: System Engineer, Grade 8