TCG is an award-winning IT solutions provider to the Federal government. We are seeking a Linux System Administrator (SysAdmin), who resides in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, for a full time, permanent position. In this role, you will work within TCG and with government clients to deploy, maintain, and support mission-critical systems, system monitoring software, and security scanning tools.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass a Federal government clearance check are required for this position.
- Install, operate, and configure systems hardware and software for TCG’s corporate and development infrastructure
- Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to TCG’s licensing, data retention, backup, and availability policies
- Maintain virtual machines (CentOS, Ubuntu, and Windows) within TCG’s VMWare Workstation server farm and AWS; G Suite for mail and collaboration; Apache web server environments; and mySQL and PostgreSQL database installations
- Support TCG users with technical issues within our Help Desk system
- Monitor system up-time with Nagios
- Conduct security scanning with OpenVAS
- Assist projects with system administration at client sites
- A minimum of 5 years of Systems Administration experience
- CentOS, Ubuntu, and Windows system installation and configuration experience
- Experience with PC hardware installation and maintenance
- Knowledge of emergency recovery processes for disk devices (such as SystemRescueCD and mdadm)
- Demonstrated success providing desktop support to users both in-person and remotely
- Clear writing and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work both independently on standard O&M administration activities and well within a team on larger projects
- Flexibility to support maintenance windows typically during non-business hours
- Independent problem-solving skills, strong analytical abilities, creativity, and a “helping others helps us all” personality
- Able to qualify for Top Secret security clearance, a current clearance is a plus
- AWS VM and VMWare Workstation configuration experience
- Backup (rsync over ssh) and bash scripting experience
- Experience with MySQL and PostgreSQL installation
- PHP and WordPress environment maintenance experience
- Experience with system performance monitoring (e.g. Nagios)
- Experience working with security scanning tools (e.g. OpenVAS and Wireshark)
- G Suite maintenance experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Information Technology, or related preferred)
Naturally, TCG does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. on their best workplace lists for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.