TCG an award-winning Government technology solutions provider. In anticipation of an upcoming award, we are seeking a Linux Systems Administrator to join our team.
In this role, you will be responsible for the operation, administration, security, monitoring, and documentation of Computer Operating Systems and/or complex Network Systems.
US Citizenship and the ability to pass and maintain a Federal government (Public Trust) clearance is required for this position.
Although this position is currently a full-time telecommuting position, it will eventually require on-site work. We will continue to put our employee’s health and safety first with appropriate social distancing and sanitation guidelines when our employees will need to report on site. To the greatest extent possible, we advocate for continued telework. In addition, to support the safety of our current and prospective employees our interview process is fully remote and is conducted via phone and video interviews.
- Provides system administration support for RHEL, Windows, Ansible, Splunk, Puppet, AWS to deployed network management systems
- Provide recommendations regarding system design, vendor products, and system enhancements
- Researches, recommends, and implements changes to enhance system operation and security according to the Bureau’s cybersecurity standards and requirements
- Develops, tests, implements, and improves system back-up and recovery procedures
- Analyzes, develops, and reviews computer systems
- Conducts feasibility studies and determines requirements by analyzing the user’s needs, and provide technical support and guidance working closely with developers
- Develops system requirements and program specifications
- Identifies resources required for each task
- Prepares required system documentation
- Interfaces with client personnel at all organizational levels
- Applies developments, learned through research in the field of expertise, to the client environment
- Converts functional specifications to technical specifications
- A minimum of 6 years of experience as an OS Admin/Linux Systems Administrator
- Experience troubleshooting complex issues related hardware/OS/application
- Experience working collaboratively with Network Engineers, System software developers, and administrators
- Experience with configuring and troubleshooting network architectures
- Bachelor’s Degree in an appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
Naturally, TCG, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or anything else that makes you part of any group. We discriminate on the basis of talent, ability, commitment, and experience.
We pay competitive wages and provide excellent benefits. We have a 401K plan, a health plan that includes dental and vision benefits, pet health insurance, support for emergency child care and gym memberships, a generous training budget for each employee, employee-led (and TCG, Inc. paid) social events, company charity events, free theater and sports tickets, and much more.
In fact, in 2019 Fortune magazine named TCG, Inc. as a “Great Place to Work” for the fourth year in a row and The Washington Post named TCG, Inc. as a “Top Workplace” for the fifth straight year, based on how our employees feel about the company, the benefits TCG, Inc. offers, and the work/life balance that our staff are able to achieve.
Try us … we’ll make you happy.